FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The WestJet 737 MAX 8 thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:55 pm
wzzy22

Programs: WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by coastgirl
Resurrecting an old post as we are getting closer than I ever expected to a summer season with no MAX8. We booked the nonstop YHZ-CDG for this June (YHZ is home). Yes, I knew it was the Max when I booked back in August, but never expected it would still be out of commission.

If the strategy below holds for 2020, who are the likely partners? Delta? Air France? Air France from YUL is not bad, based on current availability. Much as I'd enjoy a free stopover in Calgary to visit my brother, I do NOT want to fly four hours west to add 4 hours to my east-bound itinerary!

Or maybe the long experience with this particular issue has spawned a different workaround? Would appreciate your thoughts before I start obsessing about losing that great air bnb we have booked in the 3ieme arrondisement...
Last summer they made an agreement with Air France to fly guests from YUL to CDG for people who booked from YHZ, YYT, YYZ, etc and re-accommodated the people from BC and the prairies through YYC. I don't know what the plan is for the future, but hopefully this puts your mind at ease.