FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House/Place Shanghai Hongqiao CBD
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:15 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Visconti
It's very close to the Hongqiao RR station easily within walking distance.

I use this property when I have late arrivals into SHA, which I much prefer over PVG, to settle before heading off to my destination the following day. While there is a shuttle bus on the second level of the railway station (walk out turn left and walk about 1/2 block), it's much easier to just walk. However, as mentioned, if you've never been there before, I would advise against arriving when its dark and looking for the hotel for the first time.

The property seems relatively new, rooms are fresh & clean, and what one would expect of any HP/HH. I always choose HP, if only because I don't care for the kitchen stuff; and, breakfast is good with a wide selection of Western & Asian cuisines.
Finally! You're the first person to address this topic. Thanks for the feedback and I think I'll have to give it a shot. What's the difference between HP and HH? Which one gives free breakfast for me since I'm only a Discoverist and possibly an Explorist by the time I get back to Shanghai?

What do you mean by Hongqiao RR? You mean the station on Line 2?

I've been to Hongqiao subway station and the main train station a few times before so I should be fine. Plus, I can always just ask.

Wow! I once ordered about a dozen as a single diner and thought that was excessive!

I agree on the Malls and with MSP on HK having, in my view, the best Asian (Cantonese cuisine is without peer, far as I'm concerned) cuisine of them all. The food "quality" in Mainland is some cause for concern, which is why I'll generally order things that can't be faked, e.g., an entire Peking duck, actual braised fatty pork in a claypot, etc.
Not everyone can or will go to HK. I did provide a bit of context for my statement and I stand by it. Without a doubt, HK is superior to any Mainland Chinese city.