FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your 2019 Luxury Hotel Year in Review
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:17 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Three late additions from my last trip

Conrad Bangkok: B. Location is not the best for day time touring (too far from public transit) but lots around it for nighttime activities. Good service, decent lounge though they charge you for cocktails during "cocktail hour" which irked me. Decent rooms though the design is odd, you can look right into the bathroom from the bed unless you lower a curtain.

Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur: A. Excellent service from everyone at the hotel. Nice welcome gifts for being a MO Fan and booking FHR. Great location. Excellent breakfast buffet, one of the best I've had at a hotel in fact and a very nice room.

JW Marriott Phuket: B-. Good hotel but spotty service. I had arranged transportation to the hotel through them so they knew my arrival time and I still had to wait an hour and a half for my room to be ready. Rooms are nice but lack any technology (too few outlets, no USB ports etc.), decent beach, very good pools, dining is okay but it's too expensive. Excellent breakfast buffet though.