FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying domestic leg of international itinerary without passport: possible?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:26 am
SDQBound

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
UPDATE

Thank you all for the helpful feedback and ideas. I really do appreciate it.

I called AA and asked them to split the PNR. I didn't say anything else to avoid confusion. The agent was clueless, and apparently really stuffed it up. After she made an attempt, she told me I had to talk to the International Transfer Desk and put me on hold for 10 minutes. The next agent was quite good, but it took her 30 minutes to sort out the issues (I still hadn't asked for anything besides a PNR split at this point!).

Since I had the good agent on the line, after she returned and said the itinerary was back in order again, I explained the problem to her. She said that definitely, there would be no way to board at BNA without a Passport. Then she removed the BNA-LAX flight successfully. I was able to book the same flight again as a web special for 18k AA miles and $80. So that seems to have worked out well.

My only concern is that her new FJ PNR is still showing 'on hold awaiting payment', and the AA itinerary says the ticket is 'on request'. Just hoping that it goes through without issue.
Keep an eye and if by the evening it still shows "on request", call AA or send a twitter DM to see if it can be manually reissued.