FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24)
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:36 am
Bigzamboni

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Happy New Year folks. I know there're plenty of data points tracking VGC / MCGC promo cycles, but is there data on when offers like 'Get $15-20 voucher when you spend $100+ on a GC' occur. I know they happen pretty reliably during holiday season (~Thanksgiving), but can't remember if they also happen in the beginning of the year.
It's not entirely consistent. Easter, Mother's day, Father's Day have been done, but it hasn't always been every card.

*edit* The user Catinthehat made a list where he tracks the promotions. The ones in blue that were 4-5x points at both Giants were, at least in most cases, a $15 or $20 food coupon at S&S. Though it says "all gift cards" for those on the document, I recall there being at least one promotion with the food coupon where S&S had the wording of "these gift cards" whereas both Giants with the points offer had the wording "any gift card." https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing