FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Losing status and seat selection
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:00 am
suley

Originally Posted by ft101
I've a flight booked for the early hours of 1st June and an Economy Class preferred seat currently selected. I will lose my two months extension of Gold privileges on 31st May so does that seat become chargeable, will I just lose the seat because I haven't paid or what else will happen and when?

I'll probably switch to a regular seat but just realised this and I'm curious if anyone's come across it.
If you use your privilage to manage my booking now and select a seat, that seat is blocked to you, it wont remove unless you change after expiry and no charges apply since its booked as complimentory on the system. If you attempt to manager after the gold extension and before check in opens you will loose the seat unless you call customer service and say you had the seats and its now gone some how, they will restore. I assume your station has online checkin enabled, if your flying the day after expiry, you can do online checkin before hand and it's already confirmed. Lounge benefits, technically you loose but you can try sweet talk and try your luck as its only a few hours.