FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairfield Inn | Montreal - Great property with amazing staff
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:31 pm
jugaadkabaap

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Fairfield Inn | Montreal - Great property with amazing staff

Introduction Fairfield by Marriott - Montreal downtown is a little gem at Rue Berry. A great property & excellent staff makes this one of the best budget friendly options in downtown Montreal. Following review (and all other reviews) are primarily written from the viewpoint of a Marriott Bonvoy Elite considering the elite recognition, room & service quality and the cost involved (cash / points). Check In Check in was smooth with the front desk recognizing the elite status and providing options for welcome amenity (500 points / amenity (bottled water / snacks)). This was my third time at the hotel and on all three times, I had fast & efficient checkin. Room I was provided with an upgraded room on first 2 stays (higher floor, slightly larger room) and I was pre-upgraded to a suite by the manager - Nasrin. The room was pretty good and well furnished. The property is fairly new (started spring 2019) and thus all the rooms are modern and have almost all amenities you except from a midscale brand. Living room areaShower cube - near to the living roomBed (with Bathrobe & slippers) Washroom with Jacuzzi & separate toilet. If i have one thing to complain - it is the non optimal sound insulation in some of the rooms. I never faced it in the suite but could hear noises from the hallway creeping into the room (8th floor). So if you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask the front desk to assign you to one of the least occupied corners (assuming the hotel is not fully occupied). Service The staff were really friendly on all three stays & over a period of time, it has become one of my favourite montreal properties for a quick no frill stay. As a titanium elite - I was given a free cocktail voucher on all the stays. This is above and beyond the welcome amenity benefit & is a really nice touch from the property. The bar near the lounge area is pretty decent for a quick drink. They have a limited choice of cocktails and spirits - however the amazing bar staff makes up for it. I would rate the staff & service of this property a solid 10/10. Dining Typical to a Fairfield inn - the property offers free breakfast to all guests (upto 10am). Its a slightly upscale continental breakfast with some hot food (sausage, eggs & omlette (already prepared)) etc. The breakfast is pretty good for a select / midscale brand. However be prepared for them to run out of items by around closing time. Location Location is very central on Rue Berri - very close to the Berri UQAM metro station. A 5 minute ride / metro will take you to financial district / core downtown. The location is also blessed with restaurants & bars within walking distance. Overall, it is perfectly situated for a business / leisure traveler. Overall Overall, the property is a solid choice for its location, elite recognition and service. The management & staff are accomodating & go above and beyond to provide a great experience. Highly recommended.