FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - With one day left AA error correction drops me on ExPlat 2020
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:05 pm
AAExecPlatFlier

Programs: AA EP
Sorry this happened, but You played with fire and lost.

never ever ever call any type of attention to a misposting in your favor.

Originally Posted by cbrown5294
The Morning of 12/26 I was sitting at $12,048 EQD and 104,032 EQM. My Barclays $3k EQD is due any day and told it can post in Jan so will be retro.

I called into AA on 12/26 to inquire about a missing Hyatt points from a trip in August. I gave them the flight which was LAX-LHR-MAD on 8/25. The agent said they will need to repost in order to have it convert over to Hyatt points. Hung up and looked at my account and see my miles/EQM/EQD went way down. The flight was now posted in M coach class. (we were on a paid Biz class)

Right away I called back and the agent said not to worry by the next morning all will be corrected.

On 12/27 I logged in and see it was not corrected. Called AA and the agent said there was an error and the manually fixed it. Hung up and now I was at $11,058/98,576

Called back and got a supervisor. Spent an hour and explained where I was sitting at the day before , had her reference my mothers AA account and earnings should be the same. She found that somehow the AA flight LAX-LHR was posted in J (originally flying LAX-LHR-BCN) but flight to BCN was cancelled and they rerouted us to MAD.

She agreed to revert and put everything back into J and my EQD/EQM were back to $12,048/104,032 EQM. She was very understanding and said 100% not to worry and made tons of notes etc.

Today 12/30 I log back in and sure enough its back to the $11,058/98,576!

Called and 2 hours later and numerous supervisors they said it was an error back in August the way it was posted and the auditing dept is the one who put it back into I class and nothingcan be done since auditing will revert it back to I always. Sowith 24hrs left in 2019 I am all of a sudden short on both.

They are saying the basic issue is back in August the flight was posted in J instead of I class. I don’t analyze all my flights and earnings and go by what AA is telling me I need to fly and spend. My argument to them is their system error and agent error on Friday telling me “not to worry” is now become my problem with less than 1 day left in the year to make it up.

Not sure what else I can do except write coporate etc.

P.S: The real kicker is the whole reason the flight was rebooked in the first place was because LHR-BCN was cancelled and they rebooked us to MAD. A real pain and threw the entire short trip off but I did not even complain or ask anything of AA/BA for having to fly 5 hours away from our original destination.