FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:12 pm
ceng1

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
If you truly went over the minimum spend today, there no way you screwed it up. First off, the charges must post to your account. This usually takes a few days. Even if they did post, it usually takes 6 or 7 days before the bonus is triggered. Once that happens you must wait until that statement closes. There is no way all this can happen before the new year. Plus i do not believe a statement can end on the dates of 29, 30 or 31.

Of course this all depends on how accurate you are with your record keeping. Whenever i see someone make what they perceive as a major careless mistake, it makes me question what else might they have screwed up. For all we know you might have had an athorized user meet that minimum spend 2 weeks ago.
Thank you for the reply. I share your skepticism. My concern stems from reports where Chase supposedly sent the signup-bonus (SUB) points soon after someone hit the minimum-spend requirement. However, I suspect these reports are from those that 1) didn't know their statement-end date, 2) hit the minimum spend requirement a couple of days prior to their statement-end date, and 3) were surprised to see the SUB points suddenly appear a few days after meeting the minimum-spend requirement. It appeared a few of the people were counting on the default language in the offer (points may take 4 to 8 weeks to appear ...).

The previous statement-end date is 12/25/19. I missed a transaction when I was adding everything up and made $1200 purchase earlier today before I realized it would be $25 over the minimum-spend requirement. Hopefully, it will work as you stated, and I will have worried for nothing.

Last edited by ceng1; Dec 30, 2019 at 3:23 pm