FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits at Courtyard
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:33 pm
Muerz

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
First time at a CY. Toronto. Not terrible, but I had forgotten what grim, cheap hotels look like. Cheap fittings, nasty bedding, horrible toiletries, rough towels, no room service. Not sure where they are meant to fit in the portfolio but way below 4 points standard. Only stayed at two non-SPG hotels since the merger and realised why that is likely to remain the case.

I would give anything to have SPG back.

I have now also started asking all hotels to remove the Book of Mormon that they keep leaving in my rooms...
I for one have completed stays at Four Points Memphis, Four Points Miami, Sheraton Mission Bay San Diego and the Sheraton Fishermans Wharf these past few months and I would grade them all way below the worst Courtyard I have ever stayed at. Granted, SPG had many desirable properties but they were desperately lacking in midrange properties. A Courtyard is no luxury hotel. You‘re not gonna be happy there if you want a luxury collection experience. On the other hand, in my experience, they are at least clean, which honestly I vould not say about most midrange SPG hotels