FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amendment fees
Thread: Amendment fees
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:58 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JCC87
So before I call them about this can anybody tell me if BA will be sensible and just move me to the Thursday flight and charge me two additional nights in the hotel or are they going to be ridiculous and quote me £1000+ because it's an amendment?
Originally Posted by JCC87
Oh I don't have a problem with that it's just whether BA are going to slap me with a £400-1000 amendment fee just because they can. Even when I upgraded to F they said oh normally there's an amendment fee but we'll waiver it this time as it's an upgrade.
Unfortunately, none of us could possibly guess based on the information that you provided. Every ticket has its fare rules and none of us could possibly know if yours allows free changes, changes for a fee (and what fee) or even (rarely nowadays) no changes at all although from the above it seems that it is not free changes and that they were already rather nice to waive that fee when you upgraded as it should have been charged.

When you booked, you will have seen those change conditions on the screen and it is always a good idea to print them, or if you booked over the phone, they will have been read to you (it's compulsory for agents to do so) and again, it is a good idea to write them down too.

In addition to the fare rules, there is obviously the question of whether the hotel you booked will be available or not. So in effect, you need to call and ask them, there is no way around that unless you know: 1) what you paid AND 2) what your fare conditions were in which case you can do a mock booking now, check the price, calculate the difference, and add the change fee.