Old Dec 29, 19, 5:49 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, AA*EXP, Hyatt*Globalist
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Fair enough, tastes vary.

I enjoyed every one of them. Also to note: none of those pics are of the main course; only appetizer and breakfast.

- Hainan Airlines has Brazil Nuts and Hazelnuts (Filberts) ^.
- Thai has poached eggs cooked to perfection (with asparagus) ^.
- Hainan has CampariŽ ^^^.
- Hainan has a bread "basket" including FRESH bread that isn't stale! ^
- The Etihad one was a "local" appetizer sample platter...and delicious! ^

United has Thai Spicy Chicken & Western Omelette which are good....but NOTHING else [IMO]!
After posting United meal photos in this forum for about ten years, I stopped posting earlier this year after pre-plating was introduced. The presentations of entrees have been so bad, and the quality of food has been below mediocre. I would say the current Polaris offering are worse than anything PMUA and PMCO offered.

I had some wonderful meals this year on BR, TG, SQ, Ethiopia, NH, CA, LX and Austrian. The gap has been widened between UA and other *A carriers. Imagine having fresh Chirashi Sushi on SQ flight, gourmet coffee on Austrian, decent Bordeaux on Air China, and perfectly cooked poached eggs on TH and BR.

A loyal UA customer does not need to be a UA defender or apologist. I have made it known to UA that they have a wonderful hard product, services have been good, route netowork is superb, but their inflight meals and drinks are falling way behind.