FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $10,000 for a bed bug nightmare!!!
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:30 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by rpezman24
Following a lot of court discovery and disclosures, CX admitted fault as they couldn't deny that the seat was infested. They settled the case out of court and hopefully are undergoing some kind of maintenance program.
To be very clear, this could have happened on any airline and it is understandable that with such high turn of so many people in these seats bad things are bound to happen. The rub is how Cathay conducted themselves when dealing with a valid customer complaint. The evidence presented, the courts, and eventually the airlines confession / acceptance worked out and justice was done. too bad the legal system had to get involved as opposed to the airline just doing the right thing.
Hopefully, a good lesson was learned about what it means to be in the service industry, like all of us are!
To the haters on this thread who clearly work for Cathay Pacific, now that this is over and you can admit what happened I do hope there is a lesson for your organization and that you personally take it to heart before attacking the character of one of your well-paying customers.
I don't work for CX and just have two clarification questions.
I assume you took CX to court in uSA. Correct?
You mention that this was settled out of court. Usually the other party settles without admission of guilt. But you keep stressing that CX admitted/confessed/accepted fault. Could you share with us what form this admission took?