FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Open Jaw Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Problem
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:29 pm
Enigma368

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Fair enough. I missed that both bookings had been put on hold.

I would just keep trying. Assuming the award space is still there, or comes back, you should just HUACA until you get an agent that will confirm it all in one session. Alternatively book a dummy return back to LHR but then keep calling until you find an agent willing to change that return flight to MEX.
Unfortunately the award availability did not come back in time and I was not able to book it and now have a load of Virgin miles in my account that I have no immediate use for.

I am beyond furious with Virgin about this and I intend to follow this up when I am home.

Just to recap, I was able to put my booking on hold. I transferred the points from Amex to my Virgin account, paid for the award and had it ticketed without issue. I made arrangements and booked flights to route myself to London to use the booking. It was only when it came to my partner getting ticketed for the same routing did we have an issue. As a result of him mentioning that mine had been ticketed without issue, they (a few hours later) cancelled my ticketed flight.

Are they allowed to just cancel a ticketed flight like that? I understand obvious mistake fares are cancellable but this hardly falls into this category.

What really irked me was how rude and unapologetic Virgin were about the whole thing, as if we were the ones in wrong. They just said that their agents had made a mistake in allowing this booking and that the manager was refusing to speak to me about it.

Last edited by Enigma368; Dec 28, 2019 at 7:35 pm