FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enhancing stubble? [No shave gel in F amenity kit]
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:30 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by DFB_london
It seems a struggle to understand why if you need a razor and gel you wouldn’t travel with your own anyway. A quick look a fellow travellers’ plastic bags at security says most do.
If I really like a product I’ll go and buy it - like some of the JAL F stuff. But, I think it’s reckless to demand it is included in every amenities bag just so the odd few % can use it while the rest is hugely wasteful.
Well done BA for this change - and as pointed out earlier it sounds like it’s on request. I only wish they make more of the contents ‘on request’.
Forgetfulness... the same reason they include a tooth brush and deodorant or have sanitary napkins in the bathroom. Perhaps to reduce waste they could take a leaf out of hotels or other airlines and either provide a list of ‘available on request’ or stock the lavatory with these items. These products aren’t typically sold and it’s not part of a persons normal routine to purchase them in travel size.

It’s not wasted... most people use it in one way or another. You can decline the kits, share one with my partner, regift them to guests staying over or donate them to the homeless shelter.

I struggle to understand the psyche of a purchaser of F class tickets, who has the foresight and the inclination to make trips to the dollar store and keep a personal stock of bulk travel toiletries.