FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in LHR from Delta flight to BA - connection times?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:35 am
UKtravelbear
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ekozie
Have you considered the Flybe flights out of Terminal 2 to Edinburgh? T3 -> T2 is an easier connection (quick walk underground), and there's a slim but real chance that as Flybe becomes Virgin Connect early next year that some integration may happen by March. I wouldn't expect Virgin Connect to move to Terminal 3 or have SkyPeso mileage earnings by then (though I would expect the first the long-term and the second in the medium-term), but it's possible you'll be able to recheck your bags with VS in Terminal 3 and have better rebooking protection in the event of IROPS. I searched a random Sunday in March, and it looks like there's an 11:20am flight (2hr35min connection) which combined with the quicker transfer makes this itinerary more feasible.

Flybe / Connect will be staying in T2.

T3 is not set up for domstic flights and neither VS or Heathrow are going to spend the significant amount of money required to make it compatable for domestic flights.

As to protection for delays and interlining of bags you're going to need to have bought your Connect ticket on the same PNR as your TATL.

Buying a seoarate ticket with Flybe still has many of the same issues as buying one from BA. The T2-T3 MCT is 75 mins and bag drop closes 45 minutes before.