FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Bangkok (Erawan) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:47 am
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
That's a BS line as from what I know the entire property is non smoking now.

Suite upgrades are tough at this hotel as they don't have too many and the property has a big volume of Globalists (easy to see considering how packed the club is). They usually assign suites to return customers respectively their most frequent guests. Sometimes they also offer the cottages which I'm personally not very keen on but some folks get a kick out of it.
I'm replying to this post 6 months late, since I just saw it now

It may well be true that, as of July, the entire property was non-smoking, but in May, when I was there (Memorial Day Weekend) they did put me in a smoking suite when I told them I was ok with it. It was the only suite available when I checked in (late at night) The suite had ashtrays and matches in it, so I'm sure that you actually were allowed to smoke in there (it was not just a "BS line" from the FD). I can't remember if I actually smoked a cigar in the living room or not (I smoked several by the pool, which was allowed only in one relatively small area, in the uncovered part to your left when you enter the pool area)

I'm unfamiliar with Thai law (recent or otherwise) so I can't comment on the legality of it, but I can assure you that in May 2019 there were suites in this hotel where you could smoke. Things change of course, so I have no idea whether that's still the case.