FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another " I can't get AC to take my money" thread
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:36 pm
daniellam

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Yes, I have seen these routing rules, but those would be for transit - for stop-overs the fare rules now state:

1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION AT CAD 150.00
1 IN SHA/TYO IN EACH DIRECTION.
You might want to also read the "DAY/TIME", "FLIGHT APPLICATION" and "TRANSFERS" section of the fare rules.

I've tried booking this fare with an actual GDS and so far haven't been successful. I keep having availability issues (mostly "Journey Data" I presume) where downline availability is zeroed out once the preceding segment is added. Note that TG flights require "Z" inventory on AC P fares and MU no longer participates in AC P fares.

Seems like what some carriers are now doing is they now publish many fares (even within the same booking class) for a specific Origin/Destination. Each with different restrictions and routings. With so many fares, it makes even the most saavy travel agent get to the point where they don't even want to bother reading the rules for each of them (the incentive to do so is even less as a lot of carriers don't even pay commission!) so that they can get "that price". Instead, they encourage people to book according to the schedule they want to fly and then if they are lucky, they get the low price, if they are unlucky, they get the high price.