FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPECULATION: new USA card priced between Centurion & Platinum?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:30 pm
GTITAN

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by cfabar1
To me, these cards are going to have more to do with differentiated experiences.

Platinum - Travel Heavy Users
Gold - Rewards heavy users
Green - “buying into the system” users/aspirational users

Is there a card above Platinum that can help meet the needs of Travel & Rewards Heavy Users. If there is, it will be expensive.

Currently are users able to purchase a Platinum and Gold Charge Card (not as an AU but as a distinct card)? If so, no way this card is under $750 per year!

Realistically give the Gold Earnings, the Platinum Perks and one or at most two more “killer benefit” for either $950 or $1450 and I think you will fill the void for the truly niche market this would serve.

I wonder what type of monthly spend they would imagine is necessary for this type of card member to be successful on their end. 5k? 7.5k? 10k? What would that realistically look like in differentiation to a Platinum or Gold user?
I have the Amex Gld, Plat, BBP and Amex HH Aspire Were I going to get a "super card" it would need to give me something that would replace these cards or something so tempting I could not turn away. In my case, I don't keep any of them for "status sake" (i.e. see my wallet candy but rather there is a value proposition in them for me). Everyone values monies differently. I fly a good deal, shop at the grocery store a lot, have figured out how to leverage Aspire and cannot stand the idea of paying for my phone bill (for instance) without making money on that expenditure (in all instances other than straight cash back). To get me to jump in, one would have to convince me that a majority of those activities referenced would be achieved as in the ecosystem now (which I am not super convinced about). Having rambled, doubt I am the target demographic!

Safe Travels