FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best use of Cat 1-4 free night certificate
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:19 am
beachfan

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
It's not a bad question if you don't read it literally.

Change "best use" to "nicer hotels that average for the category" and it's a reasonable question. And it's pretty clear that's what the OP meant.

I suggest filtering Hyatt hotel listing by category, look for category 3s and 4s, and then look for full service properties. That will cut the list down quite a bit. Then check the reviews.

Doing that for a few seconds suggests (prior to checking reviews)

Andaz San Diego
Mancheseter Grand Hyatt San Diego
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Hyatt Regency Seattle
Hyatt Regency Austin
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Gild Hall NYC
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Grand Hyatt Tampa

If you look outside the US, then you'll get a wider variety, such as Park Hyatt Siem Reap which might qualify as a "best use" if you are planning to visit Angor Wat (which is a great destination if you like that stuff)..

However, I use them where it's convenience. The Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara is ok, no great shakes, but it's a cat 4 an hour from my house and Ihad reason to be in Santa Barbara later in the evening, so I made a weekend out of it. I wouldn't fly to stay there.

SImilarly, the Hyatt Regency Sarasota is ok, no great shakes by any means, better places in Sarasota, but I had a reason to be there, so I used them (and used an extra to have my nephew stay with his wife and baby at the hotel and give them a nice break).