FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:15 pm
saccoNY

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by UAflyer93
I’ve noticed a huge change in the past month where many GS agents have been very eager to strictly enforce rules — even rules that don’t exist!

Being able to open up companion space is the main benefit I value in GS. With all the hoops and HUCA, it’s becoming no longer worth it.

When traveling (outside of work) with a companion, it’s becoming much more enticing to just redeem Amex points and fly a better airline (e.g. ANA F, LH F). And with all the cutbacks to Polaris soft product, I’m seeing all the less reason to hoard or spend United miles.

I agree with the higher enforcement (rules that don’t exist? Care to explain?) but I disagree with the conclusion. . The GS companion benefits within the strictly enforced rules are by far the most generous in the business. I highly value them. Also by nominating my wife to GS allows us very generous Intl and domestic upgrades for our kids and my family. Delta offers nothing close to it at any level. Bottom line know your benefits and argue or ask the agent to speak to a supervisor or just call back if you’re getting an uninformed agent. I’d like clarity on the one segment IN issue. Make zero sense to me too.

in terms of soft cutbacks. I really don’t notice so many tangible ones. The carts and the one course is a little lame. The food is honestly on par w any other domestic and LH and many other Intl. Carriers. Maybe the rate of cranky flight attendants is higher on UA vs others. Idk. That’s a hard one. . But the lounges are the best business class product out there. Including LH and NH. Comparing Intl F products to UA J really isn’t fair. And the prices usually aren’t close. I agree LH, NH SQ AF F products smoke Polaris. But it’s apples and oranges. And doesn’t exist for domestic travel. So not sure it’s a fair comparison.

Last edited by saccoNY; Dec 25, 2019 at 1:10 pm