FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta alcohol policy?? Strange incident yesterday
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:11 pm
Wildman

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
Gate Agent may call club to check

A few years back, I had a layover and sat in the SkyClub. I had a few drinks and headed to the gate for the last flight of the day to my destination. I got on the plane and immediately fell asleep, woke up on landing and left the plane with no incidents. The next week I was flying again and went into the same SkyClub. The bartender looked at me and said something to the effect of "Hey buddy, you owe me one!" I was like what, did I not leave a big enough tip last time. I asked for him to explain. He said last week when you left here the gate agent called and wanted to know how many drinks I served you. I told them one. He said they were going to deny boarding to you. I was like wow....I had no idea that they was any problem. I know I didn't talk to anyone at the club or the gate. And no one said a thing to me when I boarded or when I deplaned.

To this day, the bartender and I still have a little fun with it. He asks me if I have given up drinking yet.....I respond maybe tomorrow. Not sure if what he told me is the truth, but I tend to believe him. I know I kept to myself, but I am sure the gate agent could tell that I had been drinking. I am sure the GAs FAs and SkyClub personnel have to deal with it.

One who has consumed alcohol is probably not the best judge of how it is affecting you. There are so many variables that affect the way it impacts you.