FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Details/Discussion of Saver (Basic Economy) "X" Fares
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:17 am
sltlyamusd

Originally Posted by pickles1107
I have booked saver a lot with parties of more than one and not selected seats at booking. Only once were we assigned seats that were not together. I have small children so I am guessing that makes a difference but even on a trip with just my wife and I we were assigned exit row seats together at the gate. I flew saver recently by myself however and was assigned a middle in row 31 even though the plane was 1/3 empty and there were plenty of open windows. Luckily there was no one in 31F so I just sat there.

I am usually booking 5 tix, so buying up to main would add up quickly.
In my case, I was traveling by myself and was auto-assigned a middle prior to online check-in at T-24. Y was pretty full (139/152 booked per the GIDS), but there were still a couple empty aisle seats on the map, which could be because upgrades were processed after my seat was auto-assigned. I wouldn’t mind so much if they would actually let me pick my own seat during OLCI.

Edit to add that on my return trip, I was auto-assigned a window, which is what I wanted. And the middle next to me stayed open, which was even better.

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Jan 2, 2020 at 5:14 am