FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renewing JAL Global Club Premier
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:08 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
In order to take this promotion you need to be JGC first, so JAL will get at least 2 years worth of $ from you. At the worst would be JMB Crystal then JGC Sapphire in revenue generated. However, most people would just hit Premier and Diamond anyway as the incremental cost of running Premier and Diamond is relatively lower than just doing Sapphire (extra day or 2 of lodging).

Now if it's just 150% I would see many not bother with running and just keep the JGC Green. An 8 to 10 extra legs that use to get you Premier or Diamond now nets you just Sapphire, probably not worth the time and $ spent. What they should have axed/changed is the 5,000 miles campaign to renew, not this. Make it so you need to fly at least Crystal level to maintain JGC Green or change the renewal amount to 10K.
True, I forgot that, people are basically JGC before they can use this campaign. Which means it is basically an OWE generator.

Being able to bag 12K FOP by flying to a return to Okinawa is rather high. I don't think it is unreasonable to adjust it downwards.