FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:02 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ridefar
I believe you.

As I stated upthread, I think that if you aren't upgraded until T-24, you aren't likely to get upgraded without the intervention of a concierge. Which means that unless you are SE, you are SOL.

Which further implies there are going to be more empty seats in J, which will get allocated to staff.

Given that AC has been pretty upfront about the fact that if you aren't upgraded until T-24 you probably won't be, I don't have a problem with this. (In terms of rules being broken. Yes, it is stupid, irritating, and means the company has the wrong priorities. But my read is that it is an unintentional consequence of the system migration. And ultimately if the system really is that broken that they truly can't process an upgrade inside T-24, then I would rather staff get it than nobody.)
However, they're also being stupid with pre-processing of upgrades in a way that helps many eUpgraders.

A flight that was J9 R0 at T-36 (I don't know the actual load because I wasn't watching it) cleared the entire waitlist and went to J1 R1 at T-48. This was a wide-body YVR-YYZ.

They're definitely doing what they can, even if it causes other issues.

But I also await the DCS migration so everything can go back to normal.