FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:49 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I recall an insider explaining to me that this was the former BS's way of indoctrinating the inexperienced in an expeditious manner by holding them to the fire to start... not sure if that was some sort of pedagogical theory, psychopathology, or Babcockisms... probably all of the above.

I wanted to discuss the eUpgrade thing at recent DOs I've attended, but kept on forgetting... so I'll state it here. I've spoken to approximately 20 different AC agents at a few airports since the migration and they've noted that "their own non-revs" are getting all the upgrades now at the gate. I take everything with a grain of salt (even when this sort of makes sense due to the pre-migration announcement of post-migration inabilities to properly process eUps at the gate) when I hear something from one or two people who work at the airport, but when 20 of them say the same thing, corroborated by anecdotal evidence here... it's hard to ignore or discount.
I believe you.

As I stated upthread, I think that if you aren't upgraded until T-24, you aren't likely to get upgraded without the intervention of a concierge. Which means that unless you are SE, you are SOL.

Which further implies there are going to be more empty seats in J, which will get allocated to staff.

Given that AC has been pretty upfront about the fact that if you aren't upgraded until T-24 you probably won't be, I don't have a problem with this. (In terms of rules being broken. Yes, it is stupid, irritating, and means the company has the wrong priorities. But my read is that it is an unintentional consequence of the system migration. And ultimately if the system really is that broken that they truly can't process an upgrade inside T-24, then I would rather staff get it than nobody.)