FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:04 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
It Sucks to have to educate front line staff for sure.

Inexperienced concierges in YYZ seems to a bit of theme here. Seems a bit counterintuitive that AC would have their least experienced people at their largest hub, but it would seem that is the case, at least anecdotally.
I recall an insider explaining to me that this was the former BS's way of indoctrinating the inexperienced in an expeditious manner by holding them to the fire to start... not sure if that was some sort of pedagogical theory, psychopathology, or Babcockisms... probably all of the above.

I wanted to discuss the eUpgrade thing at recent DOs I've attended, but kept on forgetting... so I'll state it here. I've spoken to approximately 20 different AC agents at a few airports since the migration and they've noted that "their own non-revs" are getting all the upgrades now at the gate. I take everything with a grain of salt (even when this sort of makes sense due to the pre-migration announcement of post-migration inabilities to properly process eUps at the gate) when I hear something from one or two people who work at the airport, but when 20 of them say the same thing, corroborated by anecdotal evidence here... it's hard to ignore or discount.