FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of switching to Delta
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:46 pm
tphuang

Originally Posted by synzero
I fly at least once a month round trip cross country for work, and a handful of times for family trips and so on. I do fly to Korea usually at least once a year but Delta wouldn't be my choice -- they are partnered with KAL which I really dislike (no wifi at all, which to me is ridiculous in this day and age). According to my calculations if I switched to Delta I'd easily make Silver but even Gold would be iffy because of the MQD requirement.

But this is the reason I (used to) love JetBlue -- I didn't need status for a good experience. JetBlue economy seats are perfectly good enough for me -- never felt cramped at least on A321's in economy. Mosaic would be nice but doesn't really change the game as far as that is concerned, and unless I spend all my money on the JetBlue Plus card I'm not going to make it anyway (and I have much better places to put my credit card spend).

The real question for me is whether or not Delta economy is decent at least for transcon. It looks like they're at least 32" typically, which is tolerable if not luxurious.
There is no domestically configured dl flights with 32 inch seat. You are going to be very disappointed if you expect that. Even their domestic first only has 36 inch in pitch.

At the same time, the entire fleet of b6 will have 18 inch+ wide seats. You are not getting that with delta.