FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another " I can't get AC to take my money" thread
Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:33 pm
IluvSQ

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Another " I can't get AC to take my money" thread

It seems like I post one of these rants every couple of years...
I like to travel to Asia on AC P fares, and to squeeze as much value as I can from them I usually book YYZ - BKK,
with stop-overs in PVG one way and ICN the other way. This lets me get to three of my business stops on the main
ticket, and I can book separate tickets to my other stops ( CGK, SIN, XMN, etc) from one of those 3 cities.

Today I was checking the P fare rules on Expert Flyer, and noted that YYZ-BKK only allowed stop-overs in PVG or TYO.
This seems like a restrictive change, so I called in. 40 minutes wait to get to an agent - he says he cannot see
stop-over rules. OK, I tell him lets book a ticket. YYZ-PVG, we find a date with a P fare. Next PVG-BKK.
I tell him it has to be on MU, and TG is not permitted on P fares, and the FM flights, even if coded MU, are also not permitted.
He says he cannot find any flight, on any day, from PVG-BKK..

We can't even get to try to book BKK -ICN-YYZ.

Meanwhile I have my browser open on CX website, with a nice I fare YYZ-HKG-SIN//BKK-HKG-YYZ of CAD 4500.
After 30 minutes on the phone with AC, telling me he cannot book a very simple multi-city, I say thank you and
pull the plug on the CX fare.

Sigh.
I'll never get to 2MM like this.

Last edited by IluvSQ; Dec 23, 2019 at 2:40 pm