FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:42 am
sophialite

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I really like The Greenwich, as long as you get one of their corner suites. Crosby St is no longer as good as Whitby Hotel. Maybe they are concentrating on the new to the detriment of the old? FS Downtown is not very good, sadly - nice staff but poor hard product.
The problem with Firmdale is great hard product and atrocious soft product. I visited the CSH a few days ago for tea in the afternoon, and was told I couldn't share a pot with my partner. We had to get one each if we both wanted tea. Restaurant policy. What?

In January when I stayed at the 1 Denman Place apartments, with "rent" costing about 30k for the month, I was told the only way I could get extra water bottles beyond what's provided in turndown service was to pay for them. What?

It's just a complete failure to understand how to build client relationships. If a hotel wants to make this relationship as transactional as possible, I'll spend $$$ elsewhere. I'm not asking to be comped bottles of Moet. I'm pretty sure they could afford to stock my suite with some bottles of water.