FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone ever received a suite upgrade from Marriott?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:24 am
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I've had properties with multiple open suite types for my whole stay tell me that there are no "upgrade rooms available". And I have a cash stay at an RC coming up this week which I am VERY tempted to flip to a Waldorf Astoria property because my room has been "upgraded" to something with a "view" (this is in a city mind you), despite suites being open,
Sadly this seems to become more and more common even in Asian market who supposedly treat elites better.

Some hotels prefer to keep those suites empty and hoping someone will book the suite on 2nd or 3rd or 4th day of a member stay.

Currently I stay at Raffles Singapore. No upgrade for the stay but I will not complain as the hotel fully booked and there are no availability at their own website.

Yet stay at some Bonvoy hotel in the same city, no upgrade/1 cat upgrade only even when other type of eligible suites shown as available.