FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unacceptable Experience with British Airways in WTP
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:27 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
KLM are a good airline and from certain locations such as Leeds they offer a good service and network. It would be surprising if one airline was perfect for everyone, but the good news is that you have found an acceptable alternative. KLM's service is what BA is competing against so this keeps BA honest (kind of). But with 60 million passengers a year, it's a bit tricky to play the loyalty card to any of them. If I stopped flying BA I doubt they would be bothered, no corporate entity has more than a 2% share of BA's cashflow.

The loyalty issue isn't emotional, no-one should feel married to a large multi-national company. It's transactional, and always has been outside places served by airlines such as Loganair: you give them money, you fly them, they give you Avios / Miles / baubles. I don't recognise (from my own travels recently) your comment about Ryanair of longhaul, but that's about different perspectives, I've no doubt that's exactly how you feel.

See also the Which? thread from last week.