FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unacceptable Experience with British Airways in WTP
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:15 am
lighting

What happened to BA?

I'd always been a very loyal BA customer, especially when i lived in London. I always felt that getting on a BA flight was as safe, comfortable and familiar as air travel could get.

I'd been having some pretty bad experiences on BA but loyalty and the Amex 241 scheme kept me flying with them. I then had one flight that was pathetic, truly pathetic and what was worse was BA's response. They literally couldn't careless and showed me exactly how much they valued me as a customer. I stopped flying with BA and haven't been on a BA flght since.

Based in Yorkshire, i needed to find a new airline that could provide us with the routes we needed, Taipei, Shanghai, Tokyo and the US. My new brand had gained distribution around the world and i'd be flying a lot more in premium cabins. I told BA this but they didn't care, why should they, most would probably say this.

We chose KLM, Leeds through Amsterdam gives us pretty much every route we need. The people and service is good, the business class cabin is good, the economy isn't brilliant but only used it once and now both my business partner and i are KLM Gold Card holders.

I now feel zero loyalty to BA, i have no interest in ever flying with BA again. End of last week i flew to Berlin with Easyjet out of Manchester and there was an article about how BA were rated in the bottom 5 for short and long haul in terms of service and product our of all airlines in the world.

One question, ... happened to British Airways and why are they now the Ryan Air of Long Haul?