FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Camarillo/Ventura in January
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:55 pm
chillymac

Programs: AKAir 75K, BestWestern PE
I commute to Thousand Oaks area once a month and have stayed in quite a few hotels in the area. Much of what I have to offer has been covered by others.

LAX is a pain depending upon when you arrive, if you arrive at 6AM and jump in a rideshare and get the heck out of dodge you will probably beat traffic and it will take about 40 min to get to Camarillo area. If you are an hour later it can take 2 hours to get there. If you are renting a car plan on about 1 hour to get it and get out. Rideshare is about 70$ from LAX. You live by traffic patterns in LA

Burbank is easier and rideshare is a bit cheaper than LAX $60, traffic much easier to deal with. I choose BUR often but almost always LAX is cheaper to fly into.

SBA is my favorite airport but flight options are limited rideshare about $70

Hotels...I like the BW Thousand Oaks inn. Its reasonable and everything you could want is within walking distance, Noahs bagels is my go to in the morning. Ask for a quiet room on back of hotel. I have stayed at 4 seasons also in Westlake. It is a very nice hotel but expensive and nothing really within walking distance.

Everything in Camarillo is pretty much the same type of hotel right off the 101. They are good for a crash pad but nothing to really be excited about. It might be worth looking for an Air BNB in Oxnard Shores. Ventura / Oxnard / Camarillo can have fog into the afternoon in January. The fog usually stays out of Thousand Oaks.

Make a trip to SB and Ojai when you are there. Take the Backroads and have lunch / dinner at Boccalis restaurant. Its a nice day trip.

Cheers

Have fun