FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX T1 Avis Shuttle
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:51 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mats
I'm going to LA next month and have rented a car from Avis. I'm flying on Southwest this time.
I was wondering if the Shuttle will go stop at ALL of the terminals before finally leaving the airport and heading on to the Avis facility.

Is it wiser to walk through the parking garage and go over to Terminal 8 to catch the Avis shuttle?
(I've made that weird walk before because I was connecting between Southwest and United

I'll land at about 1830 on a Friday evening, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your advice.
It may consider stopping at all terminals, but in case it's already completely full, one shuttle may skip T8 and leave that to the next shuttle.

So if you want definitely want the earliest shuttle, you have better chances staying at T1 rather than shlepping to T8 and hoping it also stops there, unless you observe a truly terrible traffic jam around the loop past T1. But the recent reconfiguration of the lower Arrivals level at LAX, including moving all Uber/Lyft/taxi pickups to a new LAX-operated lot just to the east of T1 (where ParkOne used to be), and moving LAX-operated shuttles to the inner lane (with no entrances/exits at each terminal any more) has lessened the traffic jams within the loop.

I've been on plenty of shuttles which were too full to stop at the last one or two terminals, though they weren't specifically Avis shuttles.