FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Branded Credit Cards Free Night Certificate FNA Discussion Thread
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:43 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bjm5
Someone can take them without telling you. I stayed for a night at Moxy NYC last week, and they took my 50K certificate without asking me. My reservation was reserved with 30k point redemption, and for some reason the reservation got cancelled soon after I checked in. I received another reservation the next day looks like correcting the cancellation issue. My guess is the front desk made some mistake, and didn't pay much attention. Couple of days later, I noticed that my 50K certificate that's yet to expire next Aug was gone. After some searching, I finally found the new reservation made without my knowledge claimed my 50k free night.

There's a case opened over a week ago, and I am still waiting for a resolution. I also left a voice mail to Moxy's billing last Sunday regarding the issue, but have never heard back from them. I am just frustrated that I have to deal with other people's mistake, and no one apologized for the mistake.
i just came across a similar issue today....i made a reservation yesterday using 25k points....at some point in the middle of the night the reservation was cancelled on its own & another one was made an hour or so later, this time using the 35k certificate i have in my account....luckily i spotted the error this morning & cancelled the reservation using the cert & made it again using points....i'm going to have to keep a close watch on this now so that the switch doesn't happen again....