FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Survey of Factors that may Affect Global Entry Approval Timelines
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:43 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by N104UA
I, like many of you, have been waiting 100+ days since I submitted my GE Renewal, while seeing many people posting about getting approved within a few days, with no apparent rhyme or reason.
-First Time Application or Renewal: Renewal (first renewal)
-Date Applied: July 13(ish) 2019
-Date Approved (list Pending if Pending): November 20 2019
-Changed "Home Airport" or moved out of state since last application?: No. Same home address and airport as previous.
-Traveled to non-Visa Waiver Country* since last renewal?: Yes^

^- Only visa issued was a Marriage Visa for the UK; TWOV stamps from China in passport. Other countries visited since original approval (no visa required for US citizens): France, Australia, UK (England, Scotland), Denmark, UAE, Canada, Japan, Mongolia, Bermuda, Bahamas, Italy, Jamaica, Belgium, Spain, Ireland, South Korea, Cayman Islands, Panama [the last four I never left the sterile side of the airport so might not really count but I disclosed them on the GE renewal]

I've mentioned it before I strongly suspect that my travel non-patterns over the past 5 years were a strong influence in my delay...though part of my brain thinks if that was the case a follow-up question or two may have been asked at some point (why throw someone into a long queue if there's not some different result from being in the long queue?) -- especially since my first time through I had a very boring travel history (if I recall correctly just Canada and UK (England)) and was conditionally approved virtually immediately.