FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving from SEA to CPH -- Should I switch to Delta Skymiles?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:03 pm
mikmort

Programs: Alaska MVP GOLD, Delta Medallion Gold
Moving from SEA to CPH -- Should I switch to Delta Skymiles?

Hey everyone,

I have been a long time Alaska MVP based out of Seattle. I'll be moving to Copenhagen for a couple of years as part of a work assignment! As part of my role I expect fairly significant travel, with ~6-12 business class flights between SEA<>CPH per year as well as various personal trips to the US east coast and around Europe. I have essentially three questions:

1) I presume switching from Alaska to Delta makes sense given the situation? There are British airways flights between SEA<>CPH that is a partner with Alaska, but with Delta it appears I'll have a lot more options with KLM, Air France, Virgin Atlantic, and of course Delta itself.

2) Would there be a reason to credit the miles to a different SkyTeam partner (e.g. KLM or Air France)? I'm presuming I'll be flying most often on Delta metal.

3) I don't have any status today with Delta. Is there way to ask for status based on anticipated travel? For instance I'm expecting at least two business class trips between SEA<>CPH in January alone and likely more in Feb and March.