FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who to talk to for IRROPS on KL-marketed/DL-operated flight
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:08 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by N102DA
That was my only serious concern but in that case I'm hoping getting ORC wouldn't be an issue.

I had an issue about a month ago where I had to make a (voluntary) advance change to some KL-marketed and KL-purchased flights but because DL handled the change I ended up with a DL-marketed flight replacing the KL-marketed ones I changed, so I missed out on the MQD/RDM advantages. Learned that lesson and guess I'll try calling their NL phone # next time if I need to make any voluntary/advance changes.
I haven't tried it but it's possible you could also ask the phone agent making the change to put you on KL flight numbers specifically. In theory, DL doesn't really care either way as it's all under the JV where everything is shared. If it's a voluntary change it's possible the prices could be better on one side or the other; if it's for IRROPS then price shouldn't matter. Though success may depend how pleasant/helpful your agent is.

Back in the early days of MQDs when you needed 006 ticket stock, I had DL phone agents book me some tickets on partner (in that case VS) flight numbers because they were cheaper on those codes but were still on 006 stock, and it was no problem at the time other than that you had to call and couldn't do it on the website (which remains true).