FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The return of Campari
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:22 am
mlafqtv

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by abligh
In the Admirals Club in SFO (I think) a little while ago I asked for a Negroni and was met with a blank stare. I explained "one part gin, one part campari, and one part red vermouth - then stir with ice". After a discussion as to what red vermouth was I got distracted with my book. A few minutes later I was handed a pint glass, containing two double shots of each by my reckoning. No charge despite not even offering the strange drink ticket as nothing was a "premium spirit".
Similar story when flying Emirates J to Australia a few years ago. Cabin crew happy to oblige - they were pleased as punch (pun?) when gave them 10 out of 10 for the perfect Negroni, and the second one ensured a sound sleep

For the best (read lethal) Negroni go to the 'home' of Campari when you're next in Milan: Camparino in Galleria (https://www.camparino.com/en) in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II on corner with Piazza Duomo. The bar is the best place to enjoy a generous glass of Negroni, or two, whilst admiring the ornate Italian craftmanship of the interior.