FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ride Report 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport AWD
Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:38 pm
mdbe

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gruntermen
You will probably be happier taking any other vehicle Hertz offers you over this one. I did not bother taking photos for posting.

"Features" (I am setting the bar really low and defineing a feature as anything not required by the federal government):
- AWD
- A display audio head unit
- Cruise control.
- A/C
- Power windows, locks and mirrors
- I can't think of anything else except perhaps the glovebox. The NHTSA doesn't require glove boxes do they?

The interior was made of cheap plastic. At least it was cheap plastic that did not vibrate and squeak.

The worst part of the vehicle was the absurdly underpowered engine. Acceleration in the standard drive mode was abysmal. The CVT did have a 'sport' mode that appeared to function by keeping the engine in its powerband at all times no matter how inappropriate that was. In sport mode with the cruise set at 60, the engine would turn at 3400 RPM until you shifted out of sport mode.
I personally hate CVTs and they sound like a dyson vacuum to me... Will not drive one even if my life depended on it... Been seeing lots of rental Outlanders around especially with Avis too. There must have been a fleet deal recently.