FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:03 pm
hikouki

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I just flew the NRT-SEA today (Dec 17). I was at the lounge and asked the front staff if the lounge "was transferring over to HND." I actually meant to ask if the staff (both from the lounge at the ground staff) were relocating, too. I felt like a lot was lost in translation, and they just said, "next day after Narita, we (sic) there at Haneda!" LOL

I do wonder if the new SkyClub will be built and ready by the time they relocate?

I tried chatting further with the ladies and asked if there was "something planned" for the last day at Narita. The three ladies at the front all gasped, then looked at each other, and one asked the other, "yes, why is there nothing planned for the last flight?" One of them then said, "Maybe because we will still be in Tokyo, just at a different airport."

I also wonder what happens to the NRT-based cabin attendants. I read somewhere that they could potentially just work as ground staff? I do notice a slight difference in service from the NRT-based vs SEA-based Japanese crew. The SEA-based Japanese FAs are more chatty, but the NRT-based ones are more 'quiet' though both groups are very proactive with service.

Last flight out of Narita will supposedly be to HNL.