FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinion: Should AC be betting on the A220 with the B737Max currently a disaster
Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:50 pm
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by Plumber
In my opinion, it is the right and only decision for AC... I feel they should run as far away as possible from the 737 and order more A220 planes.

I have no desire to step on to a 737 if and when they are reintroduced... I will do everything I can to avoid that plane in the future, at least until it has been flying incident-free from some time.
The A220 can't replace the Max, as they possess different capabilities. Boeing's NMA project is now under threat due to the recent Max production suspension & employee layoffs, and that (plus whatever Airbus is countering with) is what airlines should be running towards. I believe all customers should flee from the Max, but with 5000+ ordered, is that even possible?

If the Transat acquisition occurs, it'll be very interesting to see how AC regards the A321 Neo. If barely-competent, Montreal execs will have been talking to Toulouse in regards to the feasibility of acquiring alternate delivery slots for that type.

I sense your personal choice to avoid the Max will be shared by many, insiders and laypersons alike.