FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Buenos Aires Convention Center, Argentina [Master Thread]
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:54 pm
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by SamuelS
I had the dubious pleasure of staying here. Apparently Argentinian hotel inspections and ratings are completely misaligned with what one might expect in most other countries, as this "official 5-star rated" property is most nothing of the sort.

I elected to stay here to top off my year end Bonvoy night earnings. I have Platinum status and uses the Bonvoy app to check in.

Despite not arriving until 8:30pm at the property, there was no notification in the app that my room was assigned or ready, and after standing in line at the front desk, they at first had trouble even locating my reservation. I ended up having to give them the confirmation number from the reservation in the app, and after a 15 minute delay I got my room key.

There was not even an attempt to offer some kind of preferred room, let alone an upgrade. When I asked I was told the hotel and air conditioning issues and no other rooms were available "at this late part of the evening" so I headed off to my low floor entry level classic room.

The room quality was pretty terrible. Most basic US motel chains offer higher standards of accommodation. The furnishings and decor weren't just old and tired, I actually had wooden panelling hanging off the closet with sharp nails protruding. The one lonesome chair in the room was so worn out, the springs and upholstery had collapsed, so it was actually painful to sit on it.

I was too late for the Sheraton Club lounge offering on arrival and slept late and skipped breakfast, however the lounge did have some pastries, juice and coffee for late risers which was something. The lounge is ok, if a bit small for a property of this size.

I asked reception for Platinum late check out. This was denied. Upon speaking to a front desk supervisor, I was informed that this property is a convention property and is excluded from providing any of those Bonvoy guaranteed benefits. I wasn't even able to negotiate a 90 minute extension, pretty pathetic.

Overall this hotel has poor quality, dilapidated motel style rooms, and Bonvoy elite members should be aware that room upgrades, late check out etc are unlikely here.

There are so many great hotels in BA, and so many fantastic places to eat at such a reasonable cost, I could never justify staying here at this property again. Forget the miles and weak benefits, and look elsewhere. One of the worst Sheraton properties I've stayed in a long time, the "5-star" rating for this dated and dilapidated hotel makes a mockery of Argentina's hotel rating system.

Hello Samuel, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience here, and would like to follow up. If you send a Private Message, or email us at [email protected] with your full name, Marriott Bonvoy number, and reservation confirmation number, we'll get in touch with the hotel's executive management.

Thanks!

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison

Last edited by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker; Dec 17, 2019 at 1:55 pm Reason: spelling