FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Still time to earn MQM's from new AMX Skymiles PLAT for status requalification?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:30 am
Hisgirl

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by hhdl
As I've understood it from other threads, as long as the spend posts to Amex by December 31 (so potentially up to a week after the purchase), the MQMs are backdated to 2019 and 2020 status and rollover are recalculated. Also relevant is that the status in force for benefit purposes in 2019 carries through January 2020 (largely to allow for delayed adjustments like ORC etc.).

In that case (and if I've been understanding these threads properly), this could happen

* finish 2019 with 45,200 MQM
* start 2020 with Silver status and 20,200 MQM, but still enjoying Platinum benefits (I think I got from your post that he had Platinum for 2019)
* if Amex posts the 5k MQM by January 31, that turns into Gold status and 200 MQM plus earnings from 2020 flights
* if the posting is further delayed into February, then it's Silver status and 20,200 MQM plus earnings from 2020 flights until the Gold status in the previous bullet point kicks in

One interesting question would be if it's possible in the last scenario to get bonus RDM that you would have earned on flights in that February interim period of Silver credited or have any fees that would have been waived for a Gold in that period refunded.
Yes in deed! That is an interesting question I will post an update as this scenario plays out. He was only able to thaw two out of three of his credit freezes so they did not give an instantaneous approval. I finally got all three done so hopefully the approval will come through quickly