FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emergency landing in PHX?
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:18 am
RetiredSFOATC

Programs: AS, UA, AA, HiltonHonors
Emergency landing in PHX?

Hello F-Talkers: I'm wondering if anyone knows what happened to an aircraft, which I believe was headed for JFK, last night (12/16?) most likely, although I can't quite determine that part. Apparently the aircraft made an emergency landing in PHX for some reason? I'm supposed to be on the outbound today, JFK-SFO (629) and it's now looking like at least an 8-hour delay. I'm hoping for a little more info than what AS is giving.... I do see a flight 9341, scheduled out of PHX for JFK at 12:30 today, which is obviously a dead-head/ferry flight number.

Meanwhile I'm considering my options - staying with the original flight, for which an upgrade to F is looking good at the moment, or taking the only other option today which is a middle seat in the back most likely, but still gets me to my final destination today after the SFO connection. (Otherwise it's an overnight in SFO if I stay with the original...) Opinions on those options?? I'm not particularly time-pressed this time, either way, but it does make one go "hm". I HATE middle seats...

And on a side note - this is my fourth trip in a row on AS over the past month where there has been a significant delay or cancellation (not weather/ATC-related) that is a company-caused or related SNAFU. Also notable, and I hope no more than a sad coincidence.... Oh, and this is supposed to be my MVP-Gold qualifying flight, so I do need to stick with AS for this one.