FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WestJet inflight WiFi needs to be better
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerJ

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Posted today:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/high-s...-canada-rouge/

High-speed internet now available on Air Canada Rouge

Air Canada has finished rolling out high-speed satellite-based wifi on all aircraft that fly for its Rouge subsidiary.

With the new service, passengers should be able to stream movies and TV shows on sites like YouTube and Netflix, according to the airline.

“We are excited to now offer fast, reliable wi-fi options onboard all Rouge aircraft for the increasing numbers of customers seeking connectivity when flying,” Andrew Yiu, Air Canada’s vice president, product said in a statement.

Prices to connect to the Rouge Wi-Fi network start at $8.50 Canadian

The full Air Canada mainline fleet should have the same connectivity early next year. The airline’s narrow-body fleet is already equipped, as are all of its Boeing 777s and most 787s and Airbus A330s, according to the airline.

I love all of the technical info being shared in this post — interesting (although much is admittedly over my head). My challenge: from what some have said here, WestJet’s wifi is no worse than anyone else’s. But my experience on my Windows laptop, as I mentioned above, is consistently great and reliable on DL and UA and consistently poor and unreliable on WS.