FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:29 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by tentseller
Like most plans, sounds great on paper but not workable.

The NY and LNY is the highest revenue days for IC-HK due to all the harbourview rooms and the firework displays. We did a fireworks party about 10 years ago and the suite rented for 50,000HKD with another 30,000 in f and b commitment.
The original plan was closing after LNY 2019, then 2020 and now 2021.

You can't just close the place and call in a crew like getting a taxi. The contractor has to have their trades committed and ready, supplies ordered and delivery scheduled.

There is a very high demand for construction crew in HK at the present time. The delay might not be an option for the hotel.
I'm not saying they should have closed overnight once the protests started! I suppose I didn't consider the extent of the concentration to a single night but I still can't help but feel they should have started planning to close after CNY 2020 instead (which no doubt will have revenues massively down on previous years also if lots of Chinese tourists have been put off by the current situation).