FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Still time to earn MQM's from new AMX Skymiles PLAT for status requalification?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:28 am
Hisgirl

Programs: DL
Still time to earn MQM's from new AMX Skymiles PLAT for status requalification?

So my spouse is short just under 5K MQM for gold status for next year. He has always been platiunum and is a million miler so dropping down is a sad day indeed, LOL. However, he is 4800 MQM short of gold. Dropping down to silver isn't something he wants to do.

I called Delta to talk abour our options and she happily told me to just have him apply for the Delta platinum card, that it would give him 5K MQM. So we did. Doing the $3K spend isn't an issue as we can just pay off our years worth of insurance bills so the second he is approved, we'll hit the spend within an hour.

HOWEVER....what she told us isn't true. The fine print says the MQM won't be added for 4-8 weeks!

What the hay! How is that going to help him?? Why did she tell us that would take care of it?? Does it truly aways take that long even if we do the spend right away AND pay it off right away??

I'm thinking with hong kong trips, the eventual 5KMQM, the rollovers and him spending on the card he can up the status quickly, but mid year??

Last edited by Hisgirl; Dec 17, 2019 at 9:03 am