FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Verizon throttling
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:21 pm
KRSW

@gfunkdave: Overall, I've been very happy since switching to T-Mobile. T-Mobile also has a nice edge over Verizon in that their "3G" network is still pretty speedy (~10Mbps-25Mbps) compared to Verizon's decrepit CDMA2000 3G network (0.5Mbps).

My problems with poor coverage and speeds were with Verizon, who was actually TURNING OFF towers around Florida. I had just bought the latest & greatest Samsung Note phone about 4 months before they started doing this. At my office, cell coverage went from 3-4 bars of LTE to No Signal-0. Similar story for my homes in two other cities. After some back-and-forth with the Verizon techs, they sent an engineer out to two of the locations I was having trouble with and he confirmed my suspicions -- Verizon had intentionally dropped leased towers and hoped to make up the difference with their Verizon-owned facilities, which obviously didn't work. They told me they were building new facilities and hoped to have LTE coverage restored to some of the locations in 12-18 months. I said no way and they let me out of the contract on the phone after just 6 months and no back-charges.